List of services provided by the community support specialist
- Mental health services
- Substance abuse services
- Educational resources
- After-school resources
- Housing services (rent relief, housing choice voucher program, housing assistance, etc)
- Help filling out the applications for services (SNAP, rent relief, government forms, etc)
- Food assistance (food pantries, meal locations)
- Support groups for both teens(13+) and adults
For more information or to make an appointment, please reach out via phone or email listed below. Or you can drop by on any of the dates listed.These services are available in both English and Spanish.
- First Monday of the month
9:30 am -12:00 pm, Olneyville Library
1:30 pm -5:30 pm, Mt. Pleasant Library
- Second Monday of the month
9:30 am -12:00 pm, Wanskuck Library
1:30 pm -5:30 pm, Rochambeau Library
- Third Monday of the month
9:30 am -12:00 pm, Washington Park Library
1:30 pm -5:30, pm South Providence Library
- Fourth Monday of the month
9:30 am -12:00 pm, Fox Point Library
1:30 pm -5:30 pm, Knight Memorial Library
12:00-4:00 pm, Smith Hill Library
5:30-8:00 pm, Knight Memorial Library
- Wednesdays and Saturdays
9:30-5:30 pm, Knight Memorial Library
- Thursdays 12:00-8:00 pm, Knight Memorial Library
Meet Our Team
Natalie Velez-Millan, Community Support Specialist
As the community support specialist, I strive to connect our community with the resources they need. While creating programs to help our patrons in a range of areas from health to learning a new skill. I look forward to providing opportunities to come together as a community while also meeting the needs of our patrons.
I have mental health training as I am currently an LMCH graduate student and provide groups at various library locations. I’m continually looking for ways to engage the community to help those who need assistance.
The Community Support Specialist position is funded and made possible by The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.