Community Libraries of Providence adheres to the Access to Public Records Act, R.I. Gen. Laws §38-2-1, et. seq., and has instituted the following procedures for the public to obtain public records.
1. In order to document compliance with the Access to Public Records Act, we request that you complete the Public Records Access Request Form. It is not required that you fill out this form. Requests can be made via mail, e-mail, phone or in person at the CLPVD Business Office.
Completed forms may be mailed to:
Community Libraries of Providence, PO Box 9267, Providence, RI 02940 Attn: Administrative Offices/Public Records Request or hand-delivered to the CLPVD Administrative Offices located at Rochambeau Library, 708 Hope Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02906 during regular business hours. Regular business hours of the CLPVD Administrative Offices are Monday through Thursday, 9:30am to 5:00pm and Friday, 1:00pm to 5:30pm. Completed request forms can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or requests can be made by phone at (401) 467-2700 x1613.
2. Please be advised that the Access to Public Records Act allows a public body ten (10) business days to respond, which can be extended an additional twenty (20) business days for “good cause.” We appreciate your understanding and patience.
3. Pursuant to R.I.G.L. § 38-2-4, Community Libraries of Providence may charge a fee of fifteen cents ($.15) per page and an hourly rate of fifteen dollars ($15.00) per hour of time spent searching, retrieving and copying documents; however, no fee will be charged for the first sixty minutes of such time. Copies on paper larger than standard legal size, or made available on media different than that on which the information is stored, will be charged at the actual production and/or reproduction cost.
4. You are not required to provide identification or the reason you seek the information, and your right to access public records will not depend upon providing identification or reasons.
5. These guidelines are not exhaustive and the Library reserves any and all other rights that may apply to it under the Access to Public Records Act.