Thank you for thinking of Community Libraries of Providence. Most of our libraries accept donations. You may find their opening hours here.
The library accepts books and DVDs in good condition, which may be added to the collection or sold at the Friends of libraries' book sales. The library cannot add items in poor condition to the collection or book sale. The following list describes examples of poor condition:
- Materials with torn pages, excessively worn covers
- Materials with yellowed, brittle pages or damaged bindings
- Dirty, dusty items
- Items exposed to cigarette smoke
- Stained, water damaged, mildewed items
- Materials with excessive notes or highlighting
- Scratched or worn media
In addition we generally do not accept encyclopedias, old National Geographics, outdated and/or any textbooks.
Again, thank you for thinking of Community Libraries of Providence!