Material may be checked out for the following loan periods.
*Unless otherwise noted, there are no late fees on our materials.
- Children's/Young Adult Books, CDs, Books on CD, Kits, Magazines: 21 days
- Children's/Young Adult DVDs: 7 days
- Magazines: 7 days
- Books: 21 days
- Music CDs, Books on CD/Tape: 21 days
- Feature films/Entertainment DVDs: 7 days
- Documentary/Nonfiction DVDs: 7 days
- TV Series (DVDs): 21 days
- Museum Passes: if returnable: 2 days; $5.00 per day (timeframes may vary)*
- WiFi Hotspot: 7 days; $5.00 per day *
- Video Games: 7 days
Most items checked out for 21 days may be renewed twice (auto-renewal), unless someone is waiting for them. Renew online at My account or by calling 736-0965.
- Temporary cards: borrowing limit is 2 items
- All CLPVD items, excluding museum passes, laptops, hot spots, periodicals, and items on reserve for another patron, can be renewed twice.
- Please return all audio-visual materials in their proper cases.
- All materials, with the exception of museum passes, laptops, and hot spots, may be returned to any Ocean State Libraries library.
- If you have outstanding overdue materials or overdue fines totaling more than $5.00, you will need to return your overdue material and bring your fines down to or under $5.00 in order to continue borrowing.
- The library is not responsible for damages incurred to the borrower’s equipment from use with our libraries' audio-visual materials.
- Borrowing policies, including loan periods and renewals, may vary at each OSL library.
We honor the loan periods and late fee/fine structures of the owning library’s items sent through the State’s delivery system. Please see your receipt for due dates and ask staff if you have questions.